Makita Tools LC1230 MAKLC1230 12" Metal Cutting Saw
Makita's 12-Inch Metal Cutting Saw (model LC1230) delivers power and ease-of-use features for a range of industrial metal-cutting applications. It is ideal for cutting in pipe, angle iron, conduit, and more.
15 AMP Motor Delivers 1,300 RPM
The LC1230 is powered by a Makita-built 15 amp motor that delivers 1,300 rpm for improved performance. The quick release "tool-less" guide plate adjusts from 0 degrees to 45 degrees for quick and easy miter cutting. Cutting capacities range from 4-1/2 inches at 90 degrees to 3-1/2 inches at 45 degrees.
Ease of Use Features for Improved Performance
Ease of use features include a quick release vise for secure material retention and fast repeated cut-offs, a socket wrench that stores on the base for convenient blade changes, and a shavings collection tray for easy waste disposal and a cleaner work environment. The LC1230 has a D-shaped handle with a 2-finger trigger and a lock-off button engineered to prevent accidental start-ups. The saw includes a carbide-tipped blade that lasts 50X longer than abrasive wheels and is engineered to cut clean, accurate and virtually burr-free.
- Carbide-tipped blade lasts 50x longer than abrasive wheels; cuts clean, accurate and virtually burr-free
- Quick release vise for secure material retention and fast, repeated cut-offs
- Lock-off button for user convenience
- Quick release support fence adjusts 0-45° for miter cutting
- Shaft lock for easy blade changes with just one wrench
- Powerful 15.0 AMP motor for the most demanding applications
- 4x faster cutting in light pipe, angle iron, tubing, conduit and channel than abrasive cut-off saws
- D-shape handle for user comfort
- Socket wrench stores on base for convenient blade changes
- Shavings collection tray for easy waste disposal and a cleaner work environment
- Large cast aluminum base for stability
- Externally accessible brushes for greater serviceability
- Maximum cutting depth of 4-1/2" with carbide tipped blade